My favorite pasta dish of all time would have to be Linguine con le Vongole, which is linguine with clam in a white wine sauce. Every Italian restaraunt I go to, I would just scan down the menu to see if this dish is on it. And if it is, I would almost always get it.
I never really liked clams before until I tried this dish several years ago. The combination of the pasta in the sauce with the clams just makes this a very yummy dish. It’s a combination made in heaven! For this recipe, you can either use canned clams or live clams. It’s up to you. You can also add other seafood in there if you really don’t like clams. Mussels is another substitute for clams if you can’t find clams.
This dish is very simple to make and it is light and healthy. Perfect for the time when you ask yourself “What’s for dinner tonight?”
1 lb of packaged linguine
8-10 oz can of minced clams with clam juice
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
3/4 cup of chopped parsley
3 tbsp of white wine
1 tsp of dried basil
1/2 teaspoon of salt (or however much to your taste)
- Boil a large pot of boiling water. Add salt to water to season the linguine.
- Cook according to the packaged instructions or until the noodles are al dente.
- Drain the noodles, rinse over cold water and set aside.
- In a large skillet or pan, saute the minced garlic in the olive oil until the garlic is tender but not brown.
- Add just the liquid from the clams, white wine, parsley, basil and salt into the pan and stir well.
- Cook for about 10 minutes and then add the clams and stir until the clams are heated throughout.
- Toss the drained pasta into the clam sauce.
- Stir and mix well until the pasta has been coated with the clam sauce.
- Add fresh ground pepper to taste or add more salt if need be.
- Serve warm and enjoy!