So yesterday was the 4th of July and I decided to make macaroni salad from scratch for a BBQ I was going to. As it turned out, it was pretty good! This recipe I found online was very easy to make and you can even leave it in refrigerator for three days to eat. Perfect for the summer, BBQ’s, or for a quick snack!
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni, cooked, rinsed, and drained
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup minced red onion, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl combine the cooked and drained macaroni, celery, onion and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, sour cream and salt. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
- You can leave this in the refrigerator for 3 days after making.