Another pasta dish I ate last night for dinner that I found online. This time I made ziti with spinach, cherry tomatoes and Gorgonzola. I’ve always like the Gorgonzola pasta at Pasta Pomodoro and this recipe is as close as it gets! It’s very tasty with the pungent cheese and it also makes it creamy. If you haven’t tried Gorgonzola cheese you should try this dish. I have to admit, I don’t like Gorgonzola cheese with anything else but pasta. This cheese is very strong. Let me know what you think!
- 4 ounces uncooked ziti or penne or rotini
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add cherry tomatoes, salt, crushed red pepper, and minced garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Stir in half-and-half and Gorgonzola cheese; cook 2 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Stir in spinach and pasta; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts, tossing occasionally.
- You can add any meat to this dish. Just prepare that separately and toss it in the pasta. For this particuliar recipe, I used spciy chicken sausage that went very well with it.
- The Gorgonzola can be substituted with other creamy cheeses such as blue cheese.