Kind of funny I am posting this but last night I was feeling lazy again and decided to make something quick. What came to mind was Hamburger Helper! I’ve always enjoyed Hamburger Helper because it’s so quick and easy to make and tasty as well. Not sure if I should be posting this under Reviews or Recipes but since this is something I made, I’ll post it under recipes.
It’s pretty simple and the instructions are on the back of the box. Hamburger Helper has all different kinds of pasta that you make at home usually with ground beef in less than 15 minutes. This particular version is the Cheeseburger Macaroni. I suggest adding more water than what the box suggests and don’t pour in all of the cheese. Adding everything as the box says will probably be a little too heavy and too salty. So here is my modified version of the instructions from the box.
- 1/2 – 1lb of ground beef (whatever you desire)
- 2 Cups of water
- 2 Cups of milk
- 1 box of Hamburger Helper
- Brown the ground beef is a skillet and drain all the juices and oil.
- Stir in the hot water, milk and half of the packaged sauce mix along with the uncooked pasta.
- Heat it until boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Once it has hit the boiling point, reduce the head, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occastionally, until the pasta is tender but not soggy.
- Remove the skillet from the head and uncover. (Sauce will thicken)
- Enjoy and you can always refrigerate the leftovers.