So from the poll that I asked which recipes you guys would like to see more, I got some votes for Thai cuisine. And since it’s probably the hottest time of the year here in San Francisco, what better way to cool down than to eat a tasty cold noodle dish!
I found this particular Spicy Thai Noodle dish on this site. The pictures made this dish look soooo good! This is an interesting site that blogs just not about recipes, but about the authors life. She sounds very genuine and down to earth and is very involved with her viewers. If you have time, check out her site. It’s a good inspiration to all.
Now onto the recipe.
- 1lb of linguine or angel hair pasta
- 1-2 tbsp crushed red peppers (2 tbsp of peppers will make the dish very spicy!)
- 1/2 cup of sesame oil
- 6 tbsp of honey
- 6 tbsp of soy sauce
- Green onions
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Boil noodles according to package.
- Drain and rinse noodles over cold water.
- Heat oil over medium heat over small sauce pan.
- Add crushed peppers until the oil is infused with it.
- Strain out the crushed peppers but save the oil.
- Mix the oil, honey and soy sauce together in a bowl.
- Toss the mixture with the noodles until it is evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate overnight or wait until it is cold.
- Before serving, top off each individual serving with green onions, cilantro, peanuts and toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve cold and enjoy!