So I was just browsing the web, looking at some fellow food blogger’s sites and I stumbled upon Eat Yourself Skinny. The blog author name Kelly created this blog to help promote healthy cooking and eating. It seems like she has a lot of fans and many of them enjoy her recipes. As I was browsing through her recipe box section, I found a dish I could post on my site and help promote hers at the same time.
Kelly has a lot of good recipes on her site so you guys should go check it out. It’s all healthy and she gives you the low down on calories, carbs, fat, as well as point system for her healthy food.
The recipe I will be posting is Thai Peanut Noodles with Chicken. She actually found this recipe through Secret Recipe Club. This dish is your traditional Thai Noodle Salad that consists of noodles, veggies, sesame seeds and chicken. On Kelly’s site, she says this is only 222 calories for a serving size! But I know for me, 1 serving would not be enough.
Anyways, I will definitely make this in the near future as the weather is still hot in the Bay Area. Here is the recipe. Enjoy!
- 12 oz. soba noodles
- 6 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp Splenda Brown Sugar Blend (or 3 Tbsp of regular brown sugar)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- Sesame seeds, as garnish
- Cook soba noodles according to packaged instructions.
- Meanwhile, whisk together peanut butter and 3 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Whisk in the rest of the ingredients, including your fresh herbs.
- Toss in with the noodles and mix evenly.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro.