So the past week, I was hit with a bad case of the stomach flu. It might have been from a sandwich I ate or something else but it was the worse feeling I had in a long time. I didn’t have an appetite and I also couldn’t really eat anything. I was pretty much resting in bed for 3 days straight but I had to think of things to eat because I had to eat something.
So since I didn’t have an appetite, I decided to make a big pot of Chicken Noodle Soup. This is probably the best (and safest) food to eat whenever you are sick with anything. Chicken Noodle Soup is healthy, hearty and its tastes good. It’s good even when you’re not sick.
This recipe turned out really good and since making it, I have gotten a whole lot better. Hope you enjoy this simple and easy to make recipe!
- 2-3 pieces of chicken thighs, boiled and shredded (You can replace it with chicken breast if you like)
- 1 package of linguine
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of dried parsley
- 4 14 oz cans of chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Dice carrot, onion and celery and put into a large pot.
- Mince garlic and set aside with the parsley.
- Add olive oil into the large pot with the vegetables.
- Heat the pot on medium heat and saute the vegetables until they begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- After the vegetables have been sauteed, add the dried parsley, garlic and chicken to the pot and stir.
- Now add the chicken broth into the pot and stir.
- Bring it to a gentle boil and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes. If you want a more flavorful soup, you can simmer it longer.
- Taste the soup to see if it has enough flavor. If it’s too bland, continue to add salt (a little at a time) into the soup until it is the way you like it.
- Once finished simmering, break the linguine in half and add to the soup.
- Continue to gently boil until the noodles are soft, about 15-20 minutes. (Take out strands of noodles and taste it to see if they are done.)
- After the noodles have been cooked to the consistency of your liking, scoop into individual bowls and serve hot.
- Add salt and pepper if you want.