I decided to make a quick pasta meal after working out last week. I looked in my kitchen cabinet and found a jar of Trader Joe’s Organic Vodka Sauce along with some Penne Pasta. I decided that was going to be my dinner since it was the easiest thing to make. I basically added some chicken sausage and some herbs to the sauce to make it better but the pasta sauce is already good without it. Adding the rest of the ingredients made it really good and I must say, I really enjoyed this meal. I went back for seconds and thirds after my first bowl.
Here is my recipe for my modified Trader’s Joe Vodka Pasta Sauce.
- 1 jar of Trader Joe’s Organic Vodka Pasta Sauce
- 1 lb of Penne pasta or another pasta of your choice
- 2 Tbsp of Oregano
- 2 Tbsp of Basil
- A couple of Trader Joe’s Chicken Sausage, sliced or take out of casing
- Mozzarella Cheese (Grated on top of the pasta)
- Cook pasta according to the packaged instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water after.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, put a little bit of olive oil and cook the chicken sausage until it is brown and cooked thoroughly.
- Put the Vodka Pasta Sauce into the saucepan with the cooked chicken sausage.
- Once the sauce begin to simmer, toss in the oregano and basil.
- Mix well and let it simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Place the pasta into individual bowls and pour the sauce over the pasta.
- Grate as much mozzarella cheese as you like on top.
- Mix the pasta if you like or just dig in!