So I’ve always enjoyed the Baked Ziti at Olive Garden and I decided to make it for dinner last night. As with most nights, I couldn’t think of what to eat for dinner so I decided to go online and look up this recipe. The finished product came out really good! Just like I remembered at Olive Garden. However, the downside of this was that it took pretty long to cook. Took me about 1 hour and 30 minutes from start to finish. For this recipe, you have to prepare the ziti sauce then prepare the ziti topping and then cook the pasta and then finally, you have to bake it in the oven. But regardless of the preparation time, if you like baked ziti, you should definitely try this recipe.
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons romano cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 lb dry ziti pasta
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Combining all ingredients for the Ziti Sauce in a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the first four ingredients for the Ziti Topping.
- Add the garlic, oil, and parsley and mix until thoroughly blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 13-by-9-inch baking dish or large casserole with non-stick spray.
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- Pour 1/2 cup of prepared ziti sauce into the prepared dish, and spread it evenly over the bottom using a spoon.
- When pasta has finished cooking, drain the water and pour the hot pasta into the bowl of remaining sauce. Mix thoroughly; pour into the baking dish.
- Spread 1 cup of shredded mozzarella over the pasta and sauce mixture.
- Top the mozzarella with the prepared Ziti Topping, spreading evenly.
- Place pan on center oven rack and bake until top is golden brown and cheese is bubbling, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.
- You can add some kind of meat in the pasta if you like. I actually added some turkey sausage in mine.
- I also added onions, garlic and bell peppers to the pasta.