My wife made this simple dish for our dinner last week and it came out pretty good. It’s a very simple and light recipe (which I love) for any meal. This pasta dish conists of very few ingredients and takes about 20 minutes to make from start to finish. Nothing else more to say, so here’s the recipe:
- 1lb of Fusilli pasta or any other short pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb of peeled and deveined medium shrimp (less if you want less shrimp)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 5 ounces (or 6 cups) of arugula
- 1/3 cup of Pancetta
- 1 cup Feta, crumbled
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp, garlic and 1/2 tsp of salt AND pepper and cook. Toss occasionally, until the shrimp are opaque throughout (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the shrimp and 1/2 cup of the cooking water to the pasta. Cook over medium heat, tossing until the liquid is slightly thickened and coats the pasta. (Add more cooking water if needed to loosen the sauce)
- Fold in the arugula and pancetta and sprinkle with the feta.
- You can substitute any vegetable and cheese you like.
- You can also substitute pancetta with any other meat. This recipe is fairly easy dish to modify to your liking.